Not only “magic cleaning”.
1 method. FlyLady
It is, perhaps, the most known system of establishing order. And it includes not only cleaning but also a timemanagement. The FlyLady system was thought up by Flylady in 1999 American Marla Sealy. The name can be translated into Russian as “the flitting housewives”, and in it, all essence of a method: establishing order can bring joy and ease. For this purpose, it is necessary to get rid of the hours-long exhausting clear-out on days off and to divide all household chores into small daily steps.
- Day of the FlyLady begins with a morning ritual and comes to an end with an evening routine. Right after the rise it is necessary to make the toilet, it is beautiful to make up, put on, but it is practical — that it was convenient to bring order. “The flying hostesses” surely wear houses shoes with laces — that there was no temptation to throw off it as house-shoes and to be filled up on a sofa ahead of time. Tasks it seems “also enter a ritual to water flowers”, “to unload the dishwashing and washing machine”, “to drink a glass of water”, “to read affirmation”, “to gloss to polish a kitchen sink”.
- By the way about a sink. It is a cornerstone of a system of the FlyLady, a peculiar symbol of purity and an order. As envisioned by Marla Sealy, daily cleaning of a sink helps to bring cleaning to automatism and to maintain the motivation of the hostess.
- The house or the apartment is divided into zones. As a rule, the zone is the one room or kitchen. Small spaces like the hall, the bathroom, and a toilet can be united in the common area.
- Establishing order needs to give 15 minutes a day. And within a week you work only in one zone and methodically put in order, let us assume, kitchen or the living room. Next week you pass into the following zone and so around.
- In the house, there is a set of the so-called hotspot or hot spots. It places which accumulate a disorder. A chair back with the clothes which are eternally piled on it, a sofa on which abandoned books, toys or t-shirts, the shelf in the hall where the mountain of the pieces of paper, checks and any trifles taken from pockets grows. For a start, it is necessary to write down all hotspots which are in your house. And every day to find for the time — several times five minutes.
- Once a week, on the weekend, it is carried out short (not longer than an hour) clear-out which “the flying housewives” call “blessing of the house”. During it, it is necessary to dust, vacuum and wash the floor only. Because if you responsibly treated the previous steps of a system of the FlyLady, all things already lie in the places and at home the order reigns.
- Zone cleaning, “blessing of the house” and “suppression” of hot spots is carried out on the timer. It is necessary not to hang on whichto the site and not to carry out there in the afternoon instead of 15 minutes.
- In the system of the FlyLady special attention is paid to decluttering, or as it is called here, to a cleaning of garbage. For this Marl recommends the equipment “Boogie woogie 27”: it is necessary to run all overall houses in 15 minutes and to pack 27 things on emission. It is worth doing it at least time in 1-1.5 months. Also “the flying housewives” adhere to the principle “Bring new — you throw out old!”.
- To keep all household and personal records in order, to write down routine tasks and hotspots, to plan the menu and to observe the schedule of cleaning, it is necessary to create the daily log. Or, as it is called by FlyLadies, “the control magazine”.
- In communities of the FlyLady, for example, on the official site of Marla Sealy or in Russian-speaking group in VKontakte, regularly spread councils for cleaning and so-called fly spot— additional tasks per day.
2 method. Magic cleaning
The method was thought up by the Japanese writer Mari Kondo. At first she had several children’s books, but the world popularity and a rank of the expert in establishing order Mari was brought by “Magic cleaning”. Establishing order philosophy according to Mari Kondo — in that the house was filled with things which bring joy. This system not only learns to bring order, but also allows to become the minimalist, to develop in itself mindfulness and the reasonable relation to things.
- All the things which you have in the house are divided into five categories: clothes, books, documents, sentimental things (gifts, souvenirs) and kimono (all the rest). Objects from one category are stored together but are not spread out on all house. At each of them — the accurately certain and invariable place.
- Time in 1.5-2 months it is necessary to carry out decluttering. Because of the house is filled up with things, and regiments and boxes are crowded, cleaning turns into the Sisyphean task — how many tries, already in a couple of hours there will be a disorder again.
- Decluttering is carried out not on rooms, and categories. It is necessary, to begin with clothes: to pack all the things that are in the house, to dump in one room on a floor, to select only the most necessary, and to throw out the rest. Then to pass to books, documents and so on.
- To understand what thing to leave and of what to get rid, Mari Kondo suggests to pick up a subject and to listen to herself: whether you feel “a joy spark”? If yes, that is the thing is useful to you and brings positive emotions — you leave it. It is not present — you throw out without regret. Any “and suddenly kindanibbed it is useful”. Time this thing long became dusty in a case or casts heavy memoirs, it is necessary to say goodbye to it. Mari Kondo considers that it is better to buy then new than for years to store old. And still she against the idea to give unnecessary things to friends and acquaintances — because so we simply dump the stuff on other’s shoulders.
- How to fold clothes. It is, probably, the best-known part of a technique, its business card. First of all, boxes or regiments cannot be filled chock-full — all things have to be visible. Secondly, Mari in every possible way promotes “vertical folding”. That is the clothes are stored not by piles as we got used, and rectangles or rolls. They need to be “put” on a regiment or in a dresser box vertically — so that anything did not disappear from our look. Besides thanks to such equipment, it is possible to keep order in cases: things do not creep away, are not confused and do not turn into a huge lump.
- Clothes that are easily rumpled or takes a lot of places, it is better to hang up on a coat hanger. It is necessary to make it in the following order: at first outerwear, then — dresses, jackets, trousers, skirts, and blouses.
- Besides, according to Mari Kondo, it is necessary to wear beautiful and tidy clothes at home — that it was not a shame for you if guests suddenly come. Still, Mari suggests creating indoors the “place of force” — a comfortable corner with favorite things which will feed you with energy.
3 method. Anonymous idlers
In 1982 American Sandra Felton could not find the house the master thesis. After that, she understood that the full bedlam reigns in the dwelling at it and it is necessary something to do. As a result, Sandra thought up the HOW TO Organize for the Messie Person system which was called by Messies Anonymous or “Anonymous idlers”. At the heart of a technique, as well as in the previous two cases, disposal of stuff and “art of small steps” lies.
- It is necessary to involve all the family in cleaning. Let everyone do that he can do — so the disorder will manage to be subdued much quicker and more effectively. Besides family approach develops a sense of responsibility at members of the household: time live and all litter together, so and it is necessary to remove together.
- At each thing the place. Used — at once put back, and in any way differently.
- Sandra Felton recommends to carry out cleaning by the MauntVermon method — it is called so thanks to employees of the hotel of the same name. Establishing order requires three cardboard boxes about 30 × 45 cm in size. To the first box things which go for emission, go to the second — what needs to be given or sold in the third — those that it is possible to leave. Cleaning is begun from an entrance door and move along walls, systematically collecting the objects of boxes scattered and put not into place. It is not necessary to try to clean up all the apartment at once — work gradually, so much how many you find necessary. If for today cleaning it is finished, you leave boxes near a wall and you go to go about your own business. It is possible to spread out things from the third box in free time, and those that lie in the first two, throw out and sell without thoughts. The staff cannot be organized — it can only be thrown out.
- That who did not clean up long ago and started the house, anonymous idlers suggest trying “the Method of Vesuvius”. Here too it is necessary to stock up with several boxes or packages — for each category of things. Sign them — for example, “toys”, “clothes” “to throw out”, and without thinking put the objects scattered on the apartment there. When all of them appear on boxes, get rid of the fact that it is not necessary for you. Other things will be easy to be spread out in places because you already divided them into categories.
- Use the rule of 30 seconds. If oneto the task takes no more than half-minute (to wash a plate, to wipe a table), do not put it away for later. Make and forget.
- Anonymous idlers have morning rituals too — they are very similar to the FlyLady’s “routines”. To make a toilet after awakening, to make a bed, to air the room, to pack the scattered things and so on. It is possible to add everything that you find necessary to this list.
4 method. The sparkling house
It is the German Casablitzblanca system of cleaning based on the principles already familiar to us: each thing — the place, and to purity, it is necessary to move small steps. And in it, there are a lot of unexpected “zoological” metaphors.
- The first rule of the sparkling house — destroy proofs. That is put things back right after that as used them.
- Begin the day with “miniroutine”: air the room, make a bed, spread out things in places, water flowers.
- Every morning appoint “the room of day” and you bring order there within 15–30 minutes. Next day work in another room.
- Additional daily tasks like washing, wipe of dust are called “lambs”. They need to be “caught” regularly that by the end of the week whole “herd” did not accumulate.
- This system does not do without decluttering too. Every day it is necessary to catch “ducks” — that is to do small tasks which will help to save the house from excess things. For example, to sort on one shelf in a case.
- Children are recommended to be acquainted with cleaning too. Simple children’s tasks are called “worms”. Years from three kids can quite collect toys, spread out the clothes after washing or wipe dust.
- Make lists. The plan of cleaning per day, the list of purchases, the menu for a week.
5 method. House for life
It is rather a system of the organization of space, but it helps to keep order too. The technique was created by the Chinese woman Lu Vey, the blogger, and the interior designer. In the book, she speaks about the correct design of the dwelling, arrangement of furniture and zoning of space, about secrets of the correct storage of things. Most of all councils Lu Vey is useful to those who buy the apartment or are going to repair.
- The storage area has to occupy 12–40% of the total living space. The house or the apartment is less, those need to allocate more space for storage.
- The built-in storeroom is better than separate cases.
- If you want that in things there was an order, buy identical rectangular containers from transparent plastic. Sign everyone — that there was no temptation to put things, not on the place.
- Use the principle 80:20. Insight only 80% of things lie, the others are stored so that they are not visible. By the way, this idea contradicts Mari Kondo’s principles.
- Memorable things are presents, souvenirs, cards — it is necessary to put in so-called time capsules. That is to send them to plastic containers, on one for every year.
- Use all free space for storage, do not leave space under a ceiling.